Sunday, April 17, 2011

gnocchi & baked halibut

Maggie here.  Mom is out working in the garden and I am going solo.  Decided to cook herby gnocchi with arugula & butter sauce and tandoori spiced halibut with cucumber.  Again I am relying pretty heavily on Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey recipes.  For the gnocchi I baked the potatoes first and then added in the fresh arugula, kneaded it, then rolled it out and cut into 1" pieces.  After cooking I gently tossed them with butter sauce, lemon zest and a handful of freshly grated parmesan cheese.  For the halibut, I marinated the fillets in a spicy pepper paste with yogurt, sugar, chopped mint and lime juice then seared and baked to finish cooking.  The cucumbers were tossed with the extra spicy yogurt to make a cold cucumber salad. Is your mouth watering yet........


1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!! Looks amazing! I envy your folks coming in from a beautiful day outdoors to a fabulous meal like this! Fabulous foodies!
    XO Aunt Gayle

    ReplyDelete